|| Chapter 55 ||

-Author's POV-

Madison tosses and turns late that night. She was unable to find comfort in the stars beaming down through the skylight windows. The same windows her and Christopher had begged Clara and Connor to get built in. The glimmering world above her reminded the teen of her brother, she was unsure how to feel.

The unknown tears slip down the sides of her shimmering green eyes. She was uncertain where the sudden emotions sprung. Maybe it was her parents ripping her away from Kimberley and Cheryl. Or maybe it was the fact she'd been missing Christopher so deeply. She needed him to fix the mess that's been created in the Harris household.

All she's ever wanted was to get her mother's acceptance. Clara, who intentionally owned the teen. With every inch she breathed, heart, mind, body, and soul, the mother owned. Madison was under a bemused spell. A spell she could never eliminate from her world. Maybe she needed to be shown what true love was, to finally unveil the darkness that conceals her away.

As dusk turns to morning light, she slips away into the dreams of hopefulness.

------

Kimberley and Cheryl were unable to find comfort in their dreams, both lying awake with no words to exchange. Their hands intertwine, but words were kept inside. They were terrified to speak of the future, afraid of what would come and rip their world apart.

Madison was their world.

Kimberley clears her throat; the silence could only be bared for so long.

"We can call her later I'm sure." She whispers.

Cheryl nods, words still held captive in the lump that suddenly formed.

Kimberley sighs softly; she turns to her side, never releasing their intertwined hands.

"Look at me baby," She speaks lovingly. "Don't you worry about that-"

"Did," Cheryl takes a deep breath. "Did you hear the way she spoke to us?"

Kimberley's teeth clench together, "Don't think I'm letting her get away with it."

A tired chuckle releases form Cheryl's lips. "I don't want to upset Madison.." she whispers, "I know she.. Loves them." Kimberley rolls her eyes.

"They don't deserve a single ounce of her fcuking love. Bastards."

"It's not really Connor though.. Is it? I can see he's trying to set some peace between us and his wife." Kimberley nods to her wife's words. "She has him on a tight lead."

Kimberley chuckles, "Just like you have me on that invisible lead?"

This gets a wholehearted giggle to sound from her stunning wife.

"Come here." The pink haired beauty pulls her wife to lie on her. Their eyes meet, the morning light giving them all that was needed to see each other.

"I just miss her Kimba." Cheryl's words muffle against her wife's neck. She holds on tightly, needing to feel the love radiating from Kimberley.

"I know baby," They sigh simultaneously. "I miss her too.. It feels weird not having her in the house, even though we've only had her around for two and some days." Cheryl nods, she places a single kiss to the smooth skin of Kimberley's neck. Inhaling and exhaling deeply, the scent her wife emitted always brought warmth within her.

"How are we going to fix this-"

"I'm going to fix this baby, I don't want you worrying about this-"

"Of course I'm going to worry, baby, she's our daughter." Their eyes meet; Cheryl's expression paints a scowl. "I want us both to win her back."

"I understand, but you've already got so much on your plate that you're stressing over. You've got x factor-"