|| Chapter 49 ||

-Author's POV-

Happiness.

Laughter.

Euphoria.

She is filled with a new sense of feeling; she was smiling, and beaming with pure bliss. It was all down to Cheryl, it was all Kimberley - It was the two women changing Madison's entire perspective on life.

Her heart rate rages with nerve, she paces back and forth in her bedroom. She wanted to look perfect for the new family she'd soon to meet.

She tugs, and pulls at her clothing.

Maybe these shorts weren't the best choice. She mentally argues with herself.

Less is more Madison, Less is more. Clara's voice forces its way into her subconscious state of mind.

She shakes her thoughts away.

A knock to the door gets her to halt in her place.

"Come in," Madison tries to make her voice sound neutral.

"Hey sweets," Cheryl smiles; she steps into the teens sanctuary and closes the door behind her. "You ready?"

"Why?" Madison replies quickly, "Are they here? Are they downstairs? I still have a lot to do-"

Cheryl laughs lightly; she can hear the nerves in the teen's voice.

"C'mere you nutter." She opens her arms and invites her daughter in for a much needed cuddle.

Madison sighs and gives in to the kind gesture.

She falls into Cheryl's loving arms.

"What're you so nervous for?" She asks softly, her hand runs along the teens back in comfort.

Madison shrugs, "I'm not even nervous." She lies.

"Yeah?" Cheryl giggles, "Baby, your lying is just as bad as ours." They giggle in unison.

"What's got you nervous?" Cheryl asks again, she pulls back and takes a closer look at the anxious teen.

"It' s just," She averts her green orbs, but Cheryl is quick to grasp her daughter's chin, forcing their eyes to mix in beautiful browns and greens.

"Just what?" Her voice is sweet and subtle.

"What if they hate me?" Come the insecure words.

"Since when do you care what anyone thinks-"

"This is different," Madison sighs softly. "They're going to be.. Family.. No?" Her voice lowers to the words she's been fighting to sound.

"Exactly sweets," Cheryl smiles, she forces herself not to get emotional. "Family. That's what we'll all be.. A family never judges each other."

Madison scuffs to the Geordie's words.

"What?" Cheryl frowns.

"You can't even trust family these days." She steps back from the motherly touch.

"You don't trust us?" Cheryl's voice cracks with fear, she's afraid of the teens answer.

"I didn't say that-"

"We are family-"

"Your lot is different than this," Madison sighs in frustration. "What we have is a family, yes." The words flow naturally, without a single filter interfering and stopping her thoughts. "But extended family is just as important.. We'll be seeing them plenty I'm sure-"