|| Chapter 69 ||

-Author's POV-

Cheryl awakens the following morning, time slipping through with beaming rays inviting themselves into the master bedroom. She smiles for one reason, and one reason only, and the reason narrowing to Madison held securely in her arms. Her gaze falls upon the large windows, looking off into the distance with Kimberley on her mind.

It's happened before. She thought. The breakup, but when they wed life changed for them both. Their bond was unbreakable, and now, they're waking up in separate bedrooms, separate homes, and separate ambiances settling around them.

She sighs softly.

Madison stirs in her mother's loving arms, getting comfortable once again, and finding the peaceful dreamland she's freely created.

Cheryl's mind begins to wander, to the day they said their 'I do's'

~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a perfect day for a wedding to take place.

Cheryl stands in front of the grand windows, absorbing in the rays leaking through, and seeping into her olive skin. An excited feel streams through her, she could not retain the smile painting boldly across her angelic face.

She was euphoric.

With a squeal, she walks over to the floor length mirror and takes a long look at her reflection. The expensive white lace sits perfectly against her skin, a low neckline exposes just enough to satisfy the eyes, and of course, the veil tossed back, flowing down and ending with laced fringes.

"Don't cry," Cheryl was determined to keep her emotions intact.

A knock to her room gets the beats to her heart to race.

"Who is it?" She clears her throat, grabbing her dress from either end and walking over to the white door.

"It's me—"

"Kimba!" Cheryl speaks through the door, "You're not supposed to see us! Go away—"

"You don't actually believe in these myths do you?" The sound of her fiancés giggle melts her heart.

"Kimba," She sighs, "Just follow the rules for once—"

"Baby," Kimberley sighs softly, closing her eyes, a hand resting against the white wood separating them. "Can I just say something?" She asks, stroking the wood, unknowing Cheryl was doing the exact same thing.

"Yeah?"

"I want to see you before anyone else does," She confesses. "I want to be the first to see how beautiful you look in that dress, I want to take a long look into your eyes before anyone takes a look at you. Is that selfish of me?" She whispers, her hand never stilling from it's stroking action.

A long silence falls between them, and soon, the doors locks begin to turn.

Kimberley's breath hitches, as does Cheryl's, both completely captivated by one another.

"You look—"

"Beautiful." Kimberley finishes the sentence, gob-smacked with her fiancés beauty. She steps through, careful not to trip and make a fool out of herself.

They stand facing each other, the words unable to be sounded, only craving to look into each other's eyes.

"C'mere," Kimberley whispers, holding a hand out.