|| Chapter 88 ||

Check out ChimAddict's unique fanfic! I'm sure you won't be disappointed. ❤️

Forgive me.
I'll be better.
-ArtistWriter

-Madison's POV-

I've never started a day with calmness settling within me.

It's a strange feeling.

Of course, being with my parents has helped me find pieces of myself that were missing; that I never even knew existed. I never knew the strength I held; I realized I got that from Mam. She's given me so much. Maybe her giving me away at birth would never have allowed me to appreciate just how much a mothers love means. Love to be exact, but I never truly understood love.

Christopher has taught me courage, he's taught me friendship, and boldness.. But love like this? Never. I love Christopher, I always will.. I have learned to accept that he will forever be a part of me.

Today felt strange, but it wasn't a bad strange. I feel myself smiling from my heart when my mouth forms happiness. I can see Mum and Mam knowing exactly what they've done.. They've healed me.

"I think," I begin, setting my orange juice down that morning. "I've decided." I clear my throat.

"Decided what, sweets?" Mam looks at me with worry, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine," I giggle. "You said you'd give me time?"

"I'm not on the same boat here.." Mum shifts her eyes around, going from my eyes to Mams.

"My surname?" I remind them, instantly getting them to perk up in their seats.

"Oh?" Mam clears her throat.

"Yeah.. I know you two really want me to be a—"

"Now you know that's not what we said." Mum defends them, "We said we'd give you time to choose what you want. It doesn't matter what we want. This is your life at the end of the day."

I smile to her words, she was crazy, but always so sincere.

"Of course I know that." I take a deep breath, "You two have done so much for me.. More than I deserve. Remember when we first met and what a devil I was?" We laugh unisonly, all agreeing what a headache I was. "Not saying I'm not any less troubnle—"

"Sweets, you know that's not true. You are perfect to us.. Even if you think otherwise."

"That's why.. That's why I've decided I want to be a Tweedy-Walsh." Their smiles form from their hearts; I can see the happiness settling in their eyes that now wash in tears. "Please don't cry." My eyes tearing up along with theirs.