|| Chapter 64 ||

-Author's POV-

The teens mind is a jumble of unprocessed work, sighing and groaning, she folds her arms together and hides her face away.

Today just wasn't the day for math work.

"Do you want to add more time to your schooling?" Emma asks, sighing at Madison's behavior.

"No I want to finish already," Her words muffle against the wooden table.

"So sit up and finish these problems." She gives the teen a tap to the head, "Come on, we've only got a few more and then you're free to go." Madison unwillingly sits up, a scowl printed permanently to her expression as she finishes the rest of the equations.

Emma smiles, taking in the teen's mood.

Stubborn.. Just like her father.

"You better be doing them right," Her hazel eyes fall upon Madison's paper, mentally solving the problem along with her.

"When are we going to actually do some other courses? I'm quite good at geography you know."

"Are you now?" The teen nods, releasing a shy giggle.

"What else are you good at?"

"Talking sh*t." They share a laugh, "Also Mum say's I can make a killer turkey sandwich, although I can't really cook much.. Mum say's she's going to teach me how to make a proper meal like, but I never have time because you're here and you're taking up my time—"

"Madison—"

"It would just be nice to spend some time with my parents instead of doing this bull sh*t you know?" The teen breathes, certainly not noticing her never-ending ramble.

"Why don't you see the positives instead of the negatives all the time?" Emma smiles, reaching out and giving Madison's hand an affection stroke.

"There's nothing positive—hell even this problem came out to be negative."

Emma bursts into laughter, "You're funny you know?"

"Yeah.. Mam say's I'm pretty funny." She giggles, finishing the last of the equation.

A knock to the door settles down their sweet laughter, the door slowly creeps open with Cheryl popping her head in.

"Hey you two," She smiles, walking in with a tray of drinks and a few snacks. "Figured youse were a bit thirsty—"

"This one is," Emma nods towards the beaming teen. "She's not stopped talking since we sat down—"

"Hey!" Madison pouts.

"Maybe you can lesson her to shut up every now and then." Cheryl winks, setting down the tray and leaning against the back of her daughters seat. "Aw I'm joking sweets—"

"No don't talk to me." Madison pushes her Mam's hands away from her shoulders, wrapping her arms firmly against the small of her chest.

Emma smiles at the sight, "She's only joking—"

"Who made you the family lawyer?!" Madison cuts her off, evidently upset with anyone interfering in her families dispute.

"Madison," Cheryl hisses, reaching down and grabbing the teens had to stand up. "Get up." She demands, dragging her daughter out of the library.

"Let go," She fights the grip, but fails terribly.

Cheryl pulls her daughter through the corridors, trying to find the furthest room from the library. She pushes Madison into an empty space, closing the door behind them.