|| Chapter 158 ||

Let me know what you guys think of this chapterI always appreciate your feedback

I always appreciate your feedback. ❤️
-AristWriter-

Author's POV

"And why are they coming over?" Madison follows her Mam around, completely unimpressed.

"Babe I have to meet with them weekly if not daily." Cheryl sighs, getting dressed. "Don't be upset we'll do what you want later, okay?"

Madison holds back her tears. "Fine."

"Hey, hey." Cheryl quickly follows her daughter out, still putting her shirt on. "Come back here." She beckons her over.

"What?"

"Why're you crying?"

"I'm not." Madison holds her sob, eyes swimming in tears at this point.

"C'mere, babe." Cheryl sighs, pulling her daughter in. "Tell us what the matter is?"

Madison shakes her head.

"It's only going to be for an hour." Cheryl tries to explain, "The management wants to get a few things over and done with."

"Th-That's how it starts." She sniffles.

"That's how what starts, babe?"

"I don't want to talk about it." The Teen tries to pull away from her Mam's touch, but the hold was too strong.

"I'm not going to be the way they were, Maddy." Cheryl speaks softly. "Work is work. But you're more important than it, I promise you." She tries to reassure her.

Madison shrugs, finally being able to step away from her Mam's hold. "How long are you going to be?"

Cheryl smiles, "They're almost here. I should be only an hour, babe." She strokes her daughter's cheek, letting it rest there for a second.

"Mum's going to work too, she said there was an emergency." Her chin quivers, "You can't leave me with her!"

"Babe—"