||Chapter 3||

-Author's POV-

She separates herself from the contestants. Sharing sweet smiles with each glance locked with her uneasy green eyes. The need to project confidence was growing hastily for her; she didn't want to be taken advantage of.

"You're with the girls right?" A brave teen comes up to her.

"The girls?" She asks with a raised eyebrow.

"As in the category.. The girls."

"Oh right, yeah.. Are you?" The blonde teen nods with an expressive smile.

"Ella"

"Madison" They shake hands, sealing the new found friendship with the kind gesture.

"Who do you think we'll get?" Ella sits beside Madison, inviting herself into the teens personal space.

"I'm hoping for Simon-"

"You don't want Cheryl? Every single girl here wants Cheryl!" Ella gasps with wide eyes, Madison simply shrugs not having a reply for the crazy fangirl sat beside her.

"We are all here for the same thing." She looks at Ella with a raised eyebrow "Unless you're here just for Cheryl?"

"Course, I'm here to win."

"Right.." The uncomfortable teen stands up, "Well, I'm just going to the toilets." She lies with a smile.

"We're going to be escorted into a private room in a bit, you can't wait until after our mentor is revealed?" Madison mentally rolls her eyes; she didn't realize her Mum had joined the competition along with her.

"I'm going to piss myself, so if you'd want me to piss all over the floor then I'm fine with that" She replies, her voice sounding sharper than intended. Ella raises her hands up in defeat, finally allowing Madison to do as she pleased.

The brunette walks away and wanders through the empty corridors, like a maze, getting lost in thought and motion. She needed a moment by herself, to take every single second in. If I don't make it past the judge's houses don't be disappointed. She tells herself. Truth be told, the only reason she'd decided to come on the show was to show her face, to show her biological parents the image of her smile. Flashing in bright lights with the dull sparkle in her eyes shinning through the television screen.

She pulls out her phone; the need to hear a familiar voice grows with longing. She rings her Mum first, and to no surprise, she gets her voicemail. Not bothering to call her dad, she calls someone who was the most reliant.

"Jeffry" He answers straightaway.

"Hey Jeff.. I erm.. I'm on a little break" She smiles sadly, the darkness lingers in her sound. The light diminishes through the halls, illuminations burning out with each motionless second. Robotically with her sadness.

"Do you want me to come inside?"

"No, no.. We are going to be sent into a private room to reveal who our mentor is-"

"Well I hope its Simon for you kid" She giggles, a sigh escapes, and the fear that concealed her heart had finally escaped with just a simple conversation from Jeffry. He was more than her driver; he was a man who she'd looked up to as a father figure when Connor was far too busy doing whatever he did at work.

"I hope so too.. I'm nervous" She reveals, admitting her thoughts aloud.

"Nerves are good," His voice sounds fearless, he was a man that could get Madison to lose herself in a world filled with good energy. Echoing words of encouragement through her being.