|| Chapter 139 ||

Author's POV

Kimberley holds her daughter all afternoon, like a child, cradling the Teen in her arms. She whispers softly all through Madison's sleep, wanting good dreams to ease her anxious aura.

"You're so beautiful," She whispers, so quietly it could have been imagined. "You're going to be something amazing one day." The early sun sets, leaving blues remaining behind. In time Madison arouses from her nap, sighing once seeing her Mother still holding her, just as she promised.

"Hi you." Kimberley smiles, placing a kiss to her daughter's head. "Good sleep?"

"Mmm." Madison hums, eyes fluttering back shut, still hanging onto her Mum. "Thank you for staying." She yawns delicately.

"Course, I promised."

Madison looks at her Mum, playing with her short blonde hair. "You didn't talk to Mam, did you?"

"No, I've been here the entire time, babe."

"Good, I don't want to talk to her—"

"You're going to have to."

"No I don't want to talk to her." Madison stubbornly says.

"Maddy—"

"Mum no," She sits up. "I'm not talking to her—"

"There will be no bad energy in this house," Kimberley says end of. "Your Mam can't have stress on her – where are you going?"

Madison abruptly shuffles off her Mum and walks away, going over to the en-suite.

"Excuse me I'm talking to you." Kimberley walks over to the sink, "Madison."

"You know what," The Teen looks at her Mum. "We get it, cool you two are starting a family, fantastic, congratulations." She rolls her eyes, "I'm not fcuking tiptoeing and needing to watch what I bloody say for her!"

Kimberley sighs, "Babe—"

"No." Madison snatches her arm away before her Mum could grab it, "Just stop." She takes a deep breath, "I won't talk anymore then, just leave me alone."