|| Chapter 80 ||

Author's POV

She smiles, she laughs, she feels a sense of relief of letting everything go. In this moment, where darkness finally arises into nothing, a beautiful glow of happiness eases its way into Madison's heart, soul, and mind.

Kimberley makes sure her daughter is fed, keeping a close eye on the teen.

"How does that taste?" The blonde asks, swiftly switching lanes and speeding through the lanes. The miles seemed endless, and the destination Madison had requested appeared hours away.

"S'good." The teen licks her lips, taking another bite out of the jelly filled donut. "I'm so full, but I can't stop eating." She giggles, her lips smeared with the red sweetness.

Cheryl turns around, giggling at her daughter's appearance.

"C'mere." She beckons her daughter over, holding a white napkin in her left hand. "You've got it all over ya."

"I'll wipe it once I've finished." Madison huffs, "I'll lick it clean." She giggles, shoving the rest of the donut into her mouth.

"Mum," She mumbles, uncaring of the manners nowhere to be found. "Your jelly donuts are better."

"You warming me up for something?" Kimberly jokes, blindly reaching back and stroking her daughter's leg. "I'll make you some once we've gone back home—"

"That's enough sugar for the week." Cheryl raises an eyebrow, forcing the teen to allow her to clean the mess on her mouth.

"You're no fun."

"And you don't need all that sugar."

Kimberley smirks, never before seeing Cheryl in this light. She's always known the Geordie to be caring, but this motherly side was definitely new to her.. not that she was complaining.

"One time I had a whole box full of them Cadbury chocolate eggs—"

"Oh yeah?" Kimberley butts in, "D'you know the sugar police here once had too much sugar to the point she ended up passing out—"

"And you tell me I've had too much!" Madison gasps.

"It wasn't like that," Cheryl tries to justify her addiction to sweet. "They.. They made us do it."

Kimberley bursts into laughter, but makes sure to grip the wheel firmly, not wanting to lose control.

"They made you do it?" Kimberley giggles further, "You holding the box in your hands like you've just discovered chocolate and nearly chocking on the damn sweets were them making you do it?" She giggles once more, along with her teenage daughter who's finding this all very amusing.

Cheryl clears her throat, unsure how to answer.

"Exactly—"

"Oh don't you start with that." The married couple begins to bicker; nobody loved this more than Madison herself.

"Start what? Telling the truth. You know I was always one against dating someone who lied—"

"What does this even have to do with anything—"

"And I've bloody married one!"

"Take that back!" Cheryl swats her wife's forearm, "Take it back I said!"

"I will do no such thing—"

"You just called us a liar!"

Kimberley laughs, "I love you."

"No." The Geordie pouts, sulking away in her seat.

Madison remains silent, loving this side to her parents. It allowed her to feel the connection they both had, an unbreakable love that could only be built and never destructed or cracked.