||Chapter 13||

-Author's POV-

She had one more day to take in her peaceful moments, one day before the chaos of live shows invaded her, and one last day before her personal life became public. She never did tell the producers any personal information about her, or her family. Madison was very private when it came to her life, in a way, she was embarrassed and ashamed of being adopted.

The teen was envious of the other contestants; they all seemed to have a beautiful relationship with their biological parents. Whereas Madison was adopted, and even her adoptive parents weren't too interested in this whirlwind she'd gotten herself into.

They sit at the breakfast table in silence, the odd chatter sounded. She hated the silence, she loved to talk, and it sometimes got too much for Clara and Connor.

"So what are we going to do today? Can we go out somewhere.. You know before I leave for the competition?" She asks, breaking the peaceful silence. Connor sets down his newspaper, as does Clara. For the first time, the parents meet the pleading green orbs.

"We have a meeting-"

"You had one yesterday, I mean, how many meetings do you need to go to?" She huffs and smacks the cutlery into her bowl.

"Don't be in a mood-" She cuts her Mum off.

"It's hard not to, I only saw yous for like ten minutes yesterday-"

"You fell asleep on us champ-"

"But Daddy I was tired" She whines and sulks back in her seat.

"Hows about you come with us to work?-"

"Its dead boring-"

"Let me finish," Clara laughs at her daughter's impatience "We only have a few meetings, once we're finished we'll do what you like. How does that sound?" This gets Madison to smile again.

"Wait," The teen raises her eyebrow "How long will these meetings last?" She questions, not wanting a repeat of the last time she'd gone with her parents to the office.

"Just an hour or two-"

"An hour or six more like!" She breathes; already knowing her parents meetings took longer than necessary.

"I Promise it'll only be an hour or two. We'll have a nice walk around London.. Go out for some lunch? How does that sound to you? It'll be a little celebratory afternoon." Connor speaks with enthusiasm, hoping he'd get his teenage daughter to cave.

"Fine," She pretends to still be in a mood. "Can we go to that nice restaurant in Soho?" Madison asks, her smile beams widely, both deep dimples showing off.

"That place is vile" Clara pretends to gag.

"But it's my favourite" Madison pouts.

"We're going to have to find you a new favourite," Clara giggles at her daughters' expression. "Don't go pulling that face, you know it doesn't work with me-"

"Daddy" Madison pouts further, Connor chuckles and shakes his head.

"Your mother's spoken Champ, don't get me into it" He raises his newspaper; he's said his part this morning and she's sure that's all she'll be getting.

"We can go to your other favourite place, what's it called?" Clara tries to get the teens mood back up.

"What's it called?" Madison challenges her uninterested Mum. She knew Clara never did pay attention to what the teen liked and disliked.

"You know, that place.." The mother trails off, hoping her daughter would finish the hanging sentence.

"No not really, what place are you talking about?" Madison raises her eyebrow and reclines back into the cushioned seat.