||Chapter 10||

-Author's POV-

With each step closer to the judges her heart rages with beats. The external smile she was projecting was filled with doubtful thoughts, swarming and circling her mind. She knew that this was the end of her journey. Tugging on her crop top with nerves, she intakes a deep breath to settle her frantic heart.

"Hello," Olly greets the teen; she gives him a smile in return.

"This is Madison" Cheryl introduces her; she gives her mentor a smile. The sun blares down and gives her a warm glow. It's a harsh light, but she ignores it, giving all her attention to this performance she'd be enacting.

"Whenever you're ready" The Geordie beauty looks straight at the teen, hiding her soft brown eyes behind the large sunglasses.

Relax

She naturally unseals her lips, releasing the beautiful sound with the melodies in tune. The fear that once concealed her heart had finally spurt and fluttered with the words being sounded so elegantly with the breeze. Like the air she breathed, the sun that beamed, and the tides that crashed - it was effortless.

Cheryl's eyes never leave Madison's expression; the teen filled each soul with emotion when she sang. Bursting the Geordies world into nothingness but the beautiful tune of her sound. Goosebumps erupt Cheryl's skin, tears prickle her waterline, and they go unnoticed as she shields her brown orbs behind the designer shades.

The final melody is released into the still air.

"Thank you" Cheryl thanks the teen, without another word, Madison retreats back inside. The waiting game begins.

-

"What do you think?" Cheryl asks Olly.

"Honestly?" She nods

"I think she's the best one out of the lot, what do you think?" She didn't want to admit it, at least not out loud.

"She's alright," Cheryl shrugs "What about the other girls? Do you have in mind who you'd want to send home?" He nods.

"I'm not so sure about that Jessica girl, although she does have the rocker chick look to her, it'll be different and good for this competition-"

"I was thinking of putting her through." She argues, although she'd eavesdropped on the constantans earlier row, she felt Jessica had potential for this crazy competition.

"How about we take a little break and think this over privately? We'll come back in an hour or so?"

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.. I'll be up in me room if you need us. This is going to be a tough one." Simultaneously, they stand up and give each other a quick hug before going opposite ways.

-

Madison sits in the front room, lost in time and moment. She's half aware of her surroundings as she zones out. The odd whisper and hush sounds, she can hear their words loud and clear as the girls talk about her.

"She'll probably get through from arse licking Kimberley." The girls giggle. She tries so desperately not to go in there and give them a piece of her mind, but she had absolutely no energy to start another problem. So she stays still and takes in every word from the b*tches that always seemed to be perky and sweet around Cheryl and Kimberley.

"Or she'll have her daddy pay for a record deal" She rolls her eyes. Lying further back into the couch, she relaxes and sighs. Green orbs flutter gracefully with exhaustion cursing through her, sleep was calling, and the need to escape this crazy world was growing with longing.