||Chapter 40||

-Author's POV-

Cheryl drives home with loud cries sounding into the car; she's quick to wipe every tear tumbling down her cheek. She's sniffling and hiccupping, the howling screams echo and boom against the tinted glass.

How could I be so stupid? She mentally cries.

Why did I ever let her go?

The words, the questioning, the crying never reconciles; they grow as she nears her home.

My Madison.

Kimberley is quick to rush out of the large home, the sound of tires crunching against the graveled ground get her heart to beat in fast leaps.

"Cheryl." She breathes, her feet are hurried, and she is immediately by a devastated Cheryl's side.

"C'mere baby," Kimberley forces herself not to match her wife's tears, "Alright, you're alright." She reassures her, the
"K-Kimba," Cheryl weeps, "Sh-She.. Sh-She-"

"Breathe baby," Kimberley pulls her wife down onto her lap, sitting them both comfortably on the sofa. "I'm not talking to you when you're like this darling." Cheryl hiccups, she falls into her wife's embrace and collects her emotions, piece by piece, her breathing returns to its even order.

"She," The vulnerable Geordie takes a deep breath, her finger mindlessly traces Kimberley's necklace, "She

"We'll fix this baby," Kimberley gives her a tight squeeze, "I'll fix this."

Cheryl's eyes flutter to the confidence in her wife's voice.

Our Madison.

"I'll get her here, don't you worry about that-"

"She's not going to listen," Cheryl sniffs, her eyes fluttering back open and meeting Kimberley's blue-greys. "She's just like us," She smiles to her words. "She's hardheaded-"

"Just like you eh?" Kimberley giggles and kisses her wife's damn cheek, "

"No." She cuts Kimberley off, "I know why you're calling, I'm not going to talk to her-"

"Madison-"

"Kimberley-"

"I'm not playing games-"

Cheryl frowns at the conversation. She tries to get the blondes attention, but
"I already made my mind up-"

"I'm coming to pick you up-"

Madison sighs with annoyance, "Kimberley leave me alone."

This gets the blonde to frown, she paces around the large kitchen; the anger slowly bubbles.

"Will you stop being stubborn for one second-"

"One," Madison counts, "There, me alone."

Kimberley smiles and shakes her head.

"I got you something," The blonde tries to bribe her.

"Oi!" Cheryl grabs a banana out of the fruit basket and launches it at her wife. "Don't go telling fibs Kimberley-"

"Shh you!" She hisses at the frowning Geordie.

Madison smiles to the sound of their bickering.

"You didn't get her sh*t! That was us-"

"Cheryl, would you stop getting into the middle of this right now-"

"MADDY SHE'S LYING!"

The teen forces herself not to cave, she was fighting the urge not to go around to the married couples house.