|| Chapter 82 ||

-Author's POV-

Madison arises, the house especially quiet when every soul in the large mansion remains peacefully in dreamland. She pondered the thought of going over to her parents' bedroom, but hesitated to waiting it off a little while longer.

She huffs, sitting up in bed and scrolling through her phone mindlessly.

The teen was excited to give Kimberley the presents she'd so thoughtfully put together, hoping it would show her Mum just how much she truly loves her.

Atop of all the sweet sentimental gifts, she had spoken to the family lawyer in secrecy. It was something the teen needed to do; it would finally bring the little family together in an everlasting seal.

Unable to wait any longer, she collects the wrapped gifts, and firmly grasps two envelopes as she walks out of the large bedroom.

Madison kicks her parent's door in a knock, getting no response.

"Are youse decent?!" She shouts, hearing the two women scrabble around. "How about now?!" She shouts once more.

"Come in!" Kimberley sits in bed, tugging her fuzzy house gown further.

Madison peers her head around the door, smiling at her Mothers.

"Happy birthday Mum," She grins, walking in.

"Aw Mado, you didn't have to get me anything." Kimberley pouts, climbing out of bed and taking the gifts off Madison to cuddle her. "Thank you." She whispers, hugging her tightly.

Cheryl smiles, taking her phone and snapping pictures of her wife and daughter.

"Morning, Mam." Madison pokes her tongue out, just in time for Cheryl's camera to snap a few more pictures.

"Come on, let's have a sit down here." The Geordie takes the gifts and leads them to the sofa seating area.

"You really didn't have to," Kimberley sighs, smiling nonetheless. She accepts the first wrapped gift, carefully opening it.

Madison bites her lower lip, taking in every unfold of the special wrapping paper she'd purchased.

Kimberley's eyes water instantly. "God damn it," She giggles, sniffing. "You're exposing my soft side." She giggles again.

She takes out the canvas Madison had specially put together, the flowers she'd once collected and put away from any soul to see now sticks to the white canvas surrounding a photo of Madison and Kimberley.

"Pink and red to symbolize how much I love you." The teen shyly whispers, "And they're arid peonies."

Kimberley looks up to her daughter, tears remaining in her eyes. "Why peonies?"

"Because why not." She giggles, blushing.

"Peonies actually symbolize a happy marriage." Cheryl surprises the teen.

"How'd you know that?"

"I told you I loved peonies." They share a smile.

"Thank you anyways, this is so sweet. Come here—"

"Not until you've opened the rest."

Cheryl glances over to her daughter as Kimberley opens the next present.

"You're out doing us." She whispers, getting a giggle from her daughter. "Me pressies are sh*t."

"I love this!" Kimberley beams, "How did you know I love my pictures?" She sets down the large frame holding a photo of the Tweedy-Walsh family.