|| Chapter 87 ||

                             -Author's POV-

Nighttime was Kimberley's haven, a moment in time where the world remained soundless and she was the wanderer escaping her darkest memories. She gets herself comfortable in the living space, opening every curtain and allowing the moonlight to be her company for the night.

Past and present project her line of vision.

She sighs. Relaxing into the sofa, eyes fixating to the moonlight seeping through the floor length windows.

Her life was a never-ending rollercoaster, and now with Madison here, she finally jumped off this heart dropping, stomach-churning ride. She came to a realization, that yes, Madison was the key desperately needing to set her past free.

~~~~~~~

Kimberley and Cheryl scream in unison, both unable to contain such excitement.

"We're having a baby!" The blonde dances around, jumping up and down a few times.

"Don't do that!" Cheryl is quick to stop her from springing off the ground once again.

"Why?" Pouts Kimberley.

"You're pregnant, so.. No jumping around or any of that stuff."

"Oh.. Right. Pregnancy means I'm handicap now—"

"Don't be so dramatic—"

"You—"

"You—"

"You."

It goes silent for a single second; their eyes meet with a smile curling to their lips.

"WE'RE HAVING A BABY!"

~~~~~~~

She remembers happiness during that moment in her life, the laughs and giggles. Chatter about their future  and how her wife couldn't seem to wipe away her dimpled grin. But somewhere, in the moment of happiness, she recalls catching a gleam of guilt in the Geordie's eyes.

Guilt always returning to Madison.

~~~~~~

"What's the matter with you?" Kimberley frowns, not liking her wife's attitude towards her.

"Nothing!"

"Why do you always feel the need to shout?" The blonde rolls her eyes, stroking her tiny bump. "All I asked—"

"I don't understand your rush to buy baby clothes and baby furniture—"

"I just want to prepare everything so we don't have to run around with our heads cut off days before I give bloody birth!"