|| Chapter 72 ||

-Author's POV-

To Madison's surprise, she enjoyed her night with Jamie. A bond she never thought  could connect, in a way, she was glad he'd come into her life. It was finally time for her to let the past go, and move forward into the future she was sure to be filled with joy, and happiness.

Jamie talks nonsense all through their car journey, a never-ending ramble about music, and passion he's forever loved.

"How big is your music library?" Madison asks, lowering the loud tunes.

"Ah," Jamie puts his finger up. "I wont tell you that—"

"Ah, why?" She pouts.

"You'll have to see it for yourself." He was determined to get his daughter to visit him; wanting her to see the home he lived in, another step closer for their love to grow.

"Is this you inviting me over?" The teen cheekily asks, grinning at her father.

"Well," he clears his throat. "If that's what you want, is that what you want? You don't have to... It would just be nice like, you know, to have you over." He rambles quickly, clearing his throat in discomfort.

"I'd love to." She whispers, taking him by surprise.

That was easier than I thought. He mentally thinks.

"Really? When?" Jamie quickly glances over, taking his eyes off the road for a split second.

"Whenever you want me to.. Emma could always come to your place for our school session. Right?"

"Yeah, yeah of course!" He grins, "Would you be able to come by tomorrow? I can pick you up? Would you want that?"

The teen could hear the happiness in her father's voice, getting her own smile to mirror his.

"Yeah," Madison giggles. "I'll tell Mam."

He nods, keeping the smile plastered to his expression. The car comes to a gentle stop, parking outside of the gated home.

"Thank you," She smiles. "It was really fun tonight."

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself – oh," Jamie reaches in the back, collecting the stuffed animals he won for her. "Don't forget these." He hands them over to a smiling Madison. "See you tomorrow?"

"See you tomorrow." She climbs out of the car, he remains parked; making sure the teen safely entered the gates before driving off into the darkness with his headlights beaming boldly.

Madison skips along the lengthy lot, holding the stuffed animals securely in her arms. The bright smile never diminishes, she's never been so happy, finally feeling whole and content with herself.

She knocks on the door.

One.

Two.

Three.

No answer comes. She groans, pulling out her phone and dialing the Geordie's number.

A few rings sound, until finally her Mam's voice booms through.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" She asks, moodily.

"Oh, ah, I'm.. I'm just having a walk—"

"By yourself? In the middle of the night?" Madison frowns, unconvinced with her Mam's tone.

"Yeah, yeah.. Just needed to clear me head." Cheryl laughs nervously, "Whats up? Why you calling us—"

"Erm. Maybe because I'm outside the front door?" Madison rolls her eyes, taking a seat on the stoned steps.