|| Chapter 71 ||

-Author's POV-

It was the first night Cheryl had slept soundlessly through, not a single toss or turn. Well, it was impossible to move an inch with Madison sprawled out over her. She wasn't complaining; she never did when it came to her little girl. So, that's how their night was spent, the teen using Cheryl as her own personal life-sized teddy bear.

Madison was the first to awaken, groaning to the pain shooting through her back. They'd fell asleep on the floor, the fort hanging on its last strength, hoping it wouldn't collapse down over them.

The teen groans once more, waking up the sleeping Geordie.

"My back hurts." Was the first thing she said, but never moving her limbs from where they lay over her Mother.

"Well," Cheryl's voice rasps to life. "That's what happens when you decide to sleep on the floor—"

"Doesn't your back hurt?" The teen pouts, shuffling closer to the Geordie, she takes comfort against her mother's chest.

Cheryl breathes softly, wrapping her arms around the teen. Her sleepy state has diminished, the only thing she desired was to hold her daughter tightly, kiss her, and listen to the sound of Madison's soft breathing.

"I've got a pillow under us," She laughs lightly. "C'mere." She uses her strength to pull Madison completely on top of her, giving all the comfort to the teen.

They sigh simultaneously.

Madison nuzzles her face into the Geordie's neck, breathing delicately to the warmth radiating effortlessly off her Mother.

"What time did you say Jamie was pickin' you up?" Cheryl asks, running her fingers through Madison's long brown locks.

"He said around six—"

"Did you tell him—"

"Yeah Mam," The teen yawns. "He's going to be parked outside the gates."

"I just.. I'm not ready to see him Bubs," Cheryl breathes, placing a kiss to her daughter's nose.

"I know Mam, I understand."

They lie in a blissful silence, no words needing to be exchanged in this love filled bubble. The morning light dances around them, streaming through the espresso colored curtains, gliding against the hardwood flooring, and meeting their feet poking out of the white-based fort.

"What are you going to do for the rest of the night?" Madison looks up to her Mam, acknowledging the lonely night Cheryl would partake for the first time.

"Might have a little Cheryl night," She shrugs, not wanting to give away her dismay. The Geordie never did enjoy staying alone in this big house, and suddenly, she was missing Kimberley.

"I won't stay out too late—"

"No baby, have fun—"

"I know but I don't—"

"Maddy please," Cheryl smiles; her daughter has never looked more adorable. "I want you to enjoy your time."

Madison sighs and gives in, "Fine.. I'll keep you posted through the night though."

"Can't stop you even if I wanted." They share a smile.

"Why don't we have some breakfast?" The teen suggests, shuffling out of her mother's arms, and standing to her feet.

"What you in the mood for?" Cheryl asks, following her daughter into the kitchen space.

"Can you make me your famous breakie again?" She cheekily asks, hoping her little bum onto the barstool.