|| Chapter 75 ||

-Author's POV-

It was needed. The family's connection was finally being resealed from its once gloomy misery. Madison focuses her time on Cheryl and Kimberley, forcing herself to forget what Emma had spat at her hours prior.

The craving for her parents love never dies, it seemed to grow each and every second she'd spend with the loving women. Somewhere in the back of her mind she was missing Connor and Clara, silently wishing they would have loved her as much as Kimberley and Cheryl.

She mentally sighs.

"You gonna eat your meal or what?" Cheryl chews down the rest of her food, "You've not touched it."

"I'm not really hungry—"

"You're the one who suggested lunch." Kimberley sets her cutlery down.

"I know.. I was hungry, but not anymore." Madison shrugs, hoping her green eyes don't give away the gloom currently settling within her.

"Do you want to tell us what's the matter?" Cheryl comes out with it, not tiptoeing any longer.

"What? What are you on about?" Madison laughs lightly, shifting her eyes anywhere and everywhere.

Cheryl sighs, "Maddy—"

"Nothing is the matter." She cuts her mother off, stuffing her mouth with pasta.

Kimberley and Cheryl share a knowing look.

"Did Emma tell you something?" The blonde asks, knowing damn well it was true. She did plant the seed after all, secretly hoping Emma hadn't upset the teen.

"No.." Madison speaks with her mouthful.

"Madison." Kimberley speaks, gritting her words sternly.

"I swear."

"Madison." She repeats.

The teen sighs, putting her fork down.

Cheryl's eyes soften, knowing it was true. She never did like to see her daughter upset, all she's ever aspired was to give the teen happiness, and love.

"I think I upset her," Madison begins. "I kept pushing—"

"What happened?" Kimberley asks, reaching across the table and stroking her daughter's knuckles in a soft, gentle action. 

"Nothing," Madison retreats her hands away from the blonde, settling them onto her lap.

Cheryl sighs softly, "Baby, look at us." She speaks with love, getting the teen to instantly cave. "You'll only worry us if you don't tell us what happened."

Madison breathes, "She doesn't want to hangout with me."

Kimberley forces herself not to frown.

"And why is that?" Cheryl asks, anger settling within her.

The teen shrugs. "I don't know, she just said she doesn't want to hangout with me.. She also said Mum want's us to only focus on school work." She ends with another shrug.

Cheryl's head snaps to Kimberley, scowling deeply, but never saying a single word. Madison doesn't notice the exchange between her mothers, her mind far too occupied in playing with her food.

This was exactly what Cheryl didn't want to happen.

Madison was upset.

Her heart breaks into a million shattering pieces.