|| Chapter 84 ||

Author's POV

Madison's voided love once complete by her brother Christopher has now been replaced with Jamie's. In a way, she was innocently blinded to the kind words her father would say, the attentive eyes mirroring her own greens. She never took notice of the hold he had on her, or the way he was growing territorial and controlling towards the teen.

She smiles, because that's all she ever did when she was around him.

"Did you like that band?" He asks, returning the expressive smile.

"They were alright," She shrugs, stuffing her mouth with chips. "Who's next?"

"Chew with your mouth closed," He chuckles, handing her a napkin. "And I think..." Jamie squints his eyes, reading the next act. "Dangerous Dragons—"

"Dangerous Dragons?" Madison laughs loudly, "What even kind of name is that?" She giggles once more.

"You'll think differently once you hear the magic they make." He defends them, "What is it you even listen to anyways?"

"You know," Madison shrugs, picking up another chip and eating it, this time with her mouth closed. "This and that."

"I need to show you some good music—"

"Mam and Mum always play music around the house," She smiles. "It's pretty good—"

"Nah," He smiles, shaking his head. "Your Mam was always terrible in the music picking—"

"No she's great." She defends her Mam, "I love her music choices."

"Bet you listen to her music as well?" Jamie asks, half rhetorically.

"Yeah.. I don't know," Madison shrugs. "I find it soothes me I guess."

"How so?"

She blushes, "I love Mam, so it's something to do with the sound of her voice that calms me."

"I bet I can find you a good artist that can do just the same, if not better." Jamie protests, somewhere in the back of his mind not wanting the teen to be so attached to the Geordie.

"Oh yeah? Like who?"

"Rita, of course." He chuckles, earning a giggle from his daughter.

"Yeah she's great – but nothing in comparison to Mam."

Jamie laughs, "Alright Maz," He chuckles further, confusing the teen.

"Something funny?" She giggles, unsure what they were laughing about.

"Just find it funny.." He clears his throat, "I'll have you come with me to the studio one day, and I'll show you what good vocals sound like."

Madison's smile wavers, "Sure.. Guess that would be nice." Her green eyes avert, suddenly uncomfortable.

"Oh," Jamie perks up, "Here come Dangerous Dragons."

Her smile soon returns, with her heart and soul taking in the sound of good tunes.

------

Kimberley spends her early afternoon in the bakery, busying her mind with the never-ending cake orders. She'd left her wife behind, taking her frustration with her and out of the mansion. Of course she was upset to have left her wife home alone, but she promised not to take too long at the bakery – this time around.