||Chapter 12||

-Author's POV-

Madison holds in her cries all throughout the car journey home. Her teeth are clenched tightly to her lower lip; she can feel the sob begging to erupt. Her line of vision blurred with tears, it's a long journey home - or so it felt.

"They did say they were sorry" She chooses to stay quiet, because whatever was going to come out of her mouth in this moment was violence.

"They tried to finish the meeting early, but they got held up" Jeffry explains, there was no use in his explanations, she refused to accept another excuse.

"They're happy for you-"

"Stop." She croaks, he sighs sadly and decides against stating any more excuses for the parents.

------

"Don't be upset babe." Cheryl tries to get her wife's mood back in order. Kimberley was unsure why she'd been so affected with the way Jeffry had spoken to Madison, and the expression of Madison's face forever imprinted in her mind. She could see the rejection to the teen's sad appearance.

"I'm not" She tries to smile. What's happening to me? She asks herself again.

"You really like her don't you?" Cheryl smiles sadly, she's quick to wipe her wife's falling tear.

"I don't k-know why." She laughs tearfully; Cheryl pulls her in closer. They fall back into the sofa, limbs and arms wrapping together in protection.

"What's on your mind?" Cheryl speaks sweetly, her fingers rack through the blonde's short locks. Kimberley sighs with a hiccup and buries her face against the Geordie's chest.

"I think she's really special," She whispers, "Almost like.. Agh never mind."

"What? What is it baby?" Cheryl places her hand to her wife's cheek, begging for their eyes to meet.

"It doesn't matter, I just want you to hold me right now." Kimberley wasn't going to voice her true thoughts, afraid of reality unfolding and tearing their relationship apart with this one confession. So, she keeps it locked away.

"I'll do just that then" Cheryl smiles, completely oblivious to what her wife had been hiding.

"I have you home for two days before your crazy schedule starts-"

"Aw, don't make it sound like that. Are you not going to come with us to rehearsals and what not?"

Kimberley shrugs in response.

"You don't have to go to the bakery? Do you?" Cheryl asks with hopefulness in her voice.

"Well, I can't just leave my workers without order-"

"Order aye?" Cheryl giggles, "I love when you get all businessy on us." Kimberley joins in with the giggles and shuffles until she's lying fully on top of the Geordie.

She smiles down sweetly at her wife.

"What?" Cheryl giggles nervously. Suddenly going shy with the intensity her wife conveyed through her blue-greys.

"Nothing" Kimberley whispers, it's barely a hush, Cheryl reads her wife's lips with the soft sound. Their eyes never shift from the enchanted lock.

Kimberley leans in and kisses her wife's lips, barely there, almost like a hazed dream of angel kisses being placed to the brunette's lips.

Eyes still opened and allowing each other into the portal of their souls.

"Your lips are my favorite type of sweetness" Kimberley flirts, pressing her lips a little harder; lingering them together.