|| Chapter 175 ||

Author's POV

She really did hate funerals. What was the point of mourning over someone who will never return? She'd thought. She wondered if her Nana Diane was lurking around, watching them cry hopelessly over her dead body. 

Everyone had come into town; the funeral had begun and the tears were flowing endlessly. She's never seen her Mum so heartbroken and lost, almost as if air were hard to breathe at this point. Madison was a private crier, she never did shed any tears when others were around... she simply, reflected and processed the tragedy.

"How are you, pet?" Joan wraps an arm around her granddaughter, pulling her in.

Madison leans into the warm touch, sighing. "I'm okay." She whispers. The casket was lowered and Diane was covered in earth. Madison was slightly thankful the sun was out, almost as if God was telling her everything was okay and to not worry about her Nana.

She sighs. Glad they were home now, but the memory of Diane lived on forever in her heart. She couldn't un-see the sickness in her eyes and the weakness of her hands. She knew it was for the best, someone who was so ill could only feel relief with death.

"Come let us make you something to eat." Joan stands to her feet.

"No thank you."

"I didn't ask. Come along." Joan exits the front room, knowing her granddaughter would soon follow.