|| Chapter 81 ||

-Author's POV-

Cheryl sighs, pacing back and forth. She was trying to figure out the perfect present for her wife, who happened to be in her life for the past ten years. She couldn't seem to think of one this year, far too difficult to get a present that was sentimental, yet was worth more than her mortgage.

Kimberley loved the sentimental things in life, but of course, Cheryl couldn't help but go for the most expensive item in the shop.

"What are you doing?" Madison startles her mother.

"Don't do that!" Cheryl nearly trips on her own feet. "Come in." She breathes, slumping down to the sofa in her bedroom.

"What's got you so worked up?" The teen raises an eyebrow, allowing her mother to pull her to sit beside the panting Geordie.

"I can't think of a bloody present for Kimba." She huffs, mindlessly biting her thumbnail. It was a habit she only did when the nerves were working far too quickly.

"What did you get her last year?"

"I took her to Paris."

Madison rolls her eyes, "Of course you did—"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Cheryl pouts, meeting her daughter's unimpressed expression.

"I don't know," The teen shrugs. "You just don't seem to be the type for sentimental gifts."

Cheryl gasps, not really sure why. "I'll have you know I'm very sentimental."

"Oh yeah?" Madison smirks, "What did you get her the year before that?"

"Erm..."

"Go on."

"I took her to Greece.. And also bought her some jewelry."

The teen rolls her eyes.

"Well Miss Sentimental, why don't you help us out then!"

"I don't know, she's your bloody wife."

"No," Cheryl whines, "Please. Give us some ideas."

Madison sighs, softly. "Well.. I can only think of Christopher and what he used to get me, like."

Cheryl smiles, "How are you feeling?" She asks.

A few days had passed since Christopher's anniversary, and Madison could only feel one thing. She felt a sense of relief was lifted off her chest for the first time in years, finally accepting her brothers passing.

"I'm good Mam - anyways—"

"No seriously, sweets."

"Mam," Madison groans. "I promise, I'm fine."

Cheryl smiles, "C'mere." The teen allows the Geordie to pull her onto her lap, even giving Cheryl the freedom to place a few kisses to her cheek as they continue their conversation.

"I would maybe make her something?" Madison tries to think of the best ideas she could possibly work in that creative mind of hers, "But you obviously want to waste some money—"

"Waste?" Cheryl swats her daughter's hand playfully. "It's not wastin' it's for your Mum."

"I think it would be nice if you made her a box and wrote a few letters?"

Cheryl pouts in thought, "Okay but what else?"

Madison rolls her eyes, "What does she like?"

"..She likes cooking, erm.. She loves her piano – look Bubs, your Mum's boring."