||Chapter 30||

-Author's POV-

It was morning's she loved, the sunrays that beamed into her world in blinding colors. It compelled her to feel alive, it endorsed her to feel a sense of warmth that she never got from the real world, and the melting of the heart was never experienced for her. The undying love from someone else.. The only love she'd ever had was gone, dead, forever in the heavens above.

Chris.

So it was the sunrays that would wake her, or so she believed it was Chris waking her up every morning. The moon and stars, she too believed Chris would watch her through the skylight windows; shinning down on her with radiant illuminations.

She stretches out and scrunches her nose as the sun continues to blind her.

It's quiet in the Harris household this morning, not a sound to be heard. She wondered if her parents had already gone off to work, her eyes glance to her alarm clock.

9:08am

It's still early. She mentally thinks.

Madison was a free soul, every morning she'd let go a little of her past, but always grasping onto her brother.

He was her world.

He was her hero.

He was now her angel.

She winces as she climbs out of bed, her legs tremble and shake with each step towards the ensuite. The scratches to her hands and knees have scabbed and leave beautiful scars behind.

Madison loved scars, it symbolized a lot of things to her, but one that always came to mind was daring. The dare to live, the dare to try, and the dare to run after something that was untouchable.

Stars.

The stars were untouchable to her, and she dared every night to climb a hill just to get in touch with them.

She was fearless.

Carefully, she washes her hands with caution. Green eyes shut tightly with the burning sensation bursting her nerves alive, her heart beats quickly, she urges herself to be quick with washing her face and brushing her teeth.

With one last rinse, she dries her hands and face.

She puts her best smile on as she walks out of her room this morning; the smile turns to genuine when she hears her parents chatting away.

Her feet rush down the stairs and go straight into the kitchen.

"Champs up," Connor greets her with a smile. "I'm glad you're up actually, want to have a talk with you." Her smile crumbles.

"Did I do something?" She asks.

"No sweetheart," Clara reassures her, "Your dad and I just want to have a chat with you."

Something isn't right. It was unlikely for the Harris family to have a chat, they ever so rarely had a proper conversation.

Something isn't right. Her subconscious mind repeats.

"Come on," Connor leads the family into the front room. "Just a quick chat before we head off to work."

They settle in the front room, both parents exchange knowing looks.

"Your Mum and I thought it would be a good idea for you to come to work with us-"

"No." She cuts them of.

"Let me just finish," Connor laughs lightly. "I don't want you moping around the house after last nights event-"

"I'm not moping!" She cuts him off again, "I'm fine!"