|| Chapter 174 ||

Author's POV

Author's POV

Saturday came and Sunday went, and soon enough the week had passed.

"Mam!" Madison calls from the front door, "The moving people-guy are here!" She shouts louder.

"Aye!" Cheryl tuts, coming down the stairs. "Why are you bloody yelling? You get your voice back and you're suddenly making sure to put it to use?!" She moves her giggling daughter out of the way.

"Where would you like this, Miss?"

"Upstairs. Just follow us." Cheryl wobbles her way back up the stairs and over to the master that will soon be the twins shared bedroom.

Spring was definitely here. The sun was out, the weather was just right and the crisp in the air wasn't bitter anymore, it was warm enough to breathe, or at least that's what Madison has been saying.

"How long is this going to take?" Cheryl asks the working men.

"Not long, Miss. Probably an hour or two."

She nods, exiting the room and heading back down the stairs. "What's got you in such a good mood?"

Madison shrugs, following her Mam into the kitchen. "Can't a girl be happy?"

"Of course. I always want you to be happy... But you're usually complaining over something."

Madison pouts, "You make me sound like such a cow."

"Uh..." Cheryl averts her eyes, "Let's keep your happy mood alive, yeah?"

Madison rolls her eyes. "Did you talk to Mum today?"

Cheryl forces a smile on, nodding her head.

"What'd she say? Is she coming back? When is she coming back? Did she tell you?"

"Not anytime soon. I'll tell you when she tells us, now quit asking."

Madison huffs, "Is she going to at least come to the baby shower?"

"We're not having a baby shower, Madison. I already said no." Cheryl says end of.

"But I wanted to do it for you—"