||Chapter 23||

-Author's POV-

Day's that once seemed so bright for Madison have now torn and shredded into complete darkness. Days that once filled with happiness and laughter, now linger with silence.

No text and no call.

She sighs and rolls over, the tears sting to the back of her eyes as sadness curses through her. All she ever wanted was a sense of love, and she's lost it all since Christopher's passing.

Kimberley and Cheryl come to mind, and she questions the sudden love they were giving her. She always did question affection; a child that is given up from their mother's arms without a thought always questioned affection.

She wondered what her Mum was like, what she would be doing, would she be thinking about her? Did she ever think about her? Probably not.

She sighs again.

The tears now freely flow; years of scars are being released into droplets of salty perspiration. Madison was a happy spirit, but wasn't it always the happiest were the most broken? The ones that smiled and laughed, were the saddest? She had it all they thought, she was living the dream they convinced themselves to believe.

They were wrong.

Cheekiness was her masking, biting back was her guard and the dimpled smiles were her mechanism not to get any questions. A frowner was an attention seeker she'd been told.

She checks her phone once more, even with the tears blurring her vision; she still sees no new notifications.

No texts and no calls.

She wears a smile to show she wasn't hurt before, but damn was she hurt.

Madison's world was a mind fcuk of her own inner battles, a crowded room filled with a million emotions cramming into one place.

She forces her eyes to close, the tears trickling the ends of her eyes; they stream and pool around her neck. Sleep was far from her; images begin to swarm her world.

Chris.

Clara.

Connor.

Kimberley's smile suddenly pops into her vision.

Cheryl.

A smile suddenly forms to her lips. She imagines the Geordie and her wife holding her, and kissing her - loving her. It was something she couldn't control, her thoughts and imagination were running wild. She allowed herself to get lost in it, until finally, sleep took over.

With tear stained cheeks and a smile, she enters dreamland.

- - -

Hands in the air, bodies pressed together, and a mixture of alcohol mixed breaths releasing into the musky ambiance. The club was thumping loudly as the married couple entered hand-in-hand. Bright lights flash; illuminating the bodies with flickering beams of colorful glows.

"Do you see them?" Cheryl shouts into the blonde's ear. Kimberley shakes her head and clutches her wife's hand protectively as they walk through the crowded area, she pushes and shoves her way through and never lets go of Cheryl's hand.

"Baby," Cheryl hangs on tightly. She never did like the clubs, the strangers, and the hands grasping at her.

She hated it.

Kimberley turns around and pulls her closer.

"I've just spotted them," She reassures her. Cheryl glues herself to Kimberley's side as they near the VIP area; their friends instantly see them.