||Chapter 31||

-Author's POV-

Kimberley was unintentionally being greedy with Madison, she was spending time with the daughter she'd never had. The daughter that she thought would never come into her life. She's unsure how she'll keep this from her wife. How will she be able to keep such a secret?

She drives home late that night with a million thoughts swarming her.

Madison had spent the entire day at the bakery that afternoon, they mixed and baked cakes together. Laughs and smiles were shared, and she's never felt so happy in her life.

The teen resembled Kimberley, or so she led herself to believe. The green eyes, the pouty lips, she also was Cheryl's twin. Kimberley wondered if this was their child, if maybe god had sent the teen into their life to complete the Family she'd longed to have.

A million thoughts run freely in her mind.

She smiles, it grows sore from the happiness that currently consumed her happy bubble.

Kimberley hoped this undying relationship that was blossoming and blooming with the teen would allow Cheryl to confess her past. She'd hoped this would allow Madison to open up, and finally let someone in.

She wanted to teach her love.

She wanted to love her.

So, Kimberley chooses to be patient with her daughter. She'd manipulated herself to believe, that yes, Madison Harris was in fact her daughter.

The drive home allowed Kimberley to persuade herself not to tell her wife, she's afraid the teen would never come back, and sadly she'd never spend another day with her. So, keeping quiet will do for now.

She pulls up to the gated home and puts the code in.

The gates unlock mechanically and off she drove.

Her foot presses further down on the pedal, she couldn't wait to see her wife, love her, and kiss her. She was feeling a new euphoria, and it was all due to Madison.

My Madison.

She parks the car and heads into the home; the lights are on; letting her know that Cheryl was home before her.

"Babe?" She calls out.

"Baby?" She strolls into the kitchen finding Cheryl fixing herself a sandwich.

"Hello you," Kimberley beams and walks over to her wife, "What'cha making?" She asks her.

"Turkey," Cheryl mumbles with her mouthful.

Kimberley grins and kisses her nonetheless.

"Mm mayo kisses are my favorite," The blonde giggles and kisses her once more.

"How was your day?" Cheryl asks after swallowing her food.

Kimberley hesitates before replying.

"It was alright," She lies, "Lots of cakes and what not. How were rehearsals?" She quickly directs the questions back to the Geordie.

"Is it bad that I don't care to win anymore?" Cheryl asks, she leans back against the counter and finishes her sandwich with gloom.

"Well," Kimberley clears her throat, "It's not your winning is it? It's for the girls.." She trails off.

I feel like sh*t. She mentally whines.

"Yeah I guess," Cheryl shrugs and walks over to the sink to wash her hands.

The blonde follows close behind; the need to touch her wife, and bring a sense of morality back into her grows with desire.

"You okay?" The Geordie smiles, she dries her hands and looks closely at her. "You don't seem all there today.. No cheekiness.. No teasing.. What's going on with you?" She giggles.