|| Chapter 91 ||

-Author's POV-

It wasn't long until Madison made her way out of the cemetery, after saying her goodbyes to Christopher. She walks along the deserted roads with no destination in mind; she desperately needed to clear the toxic thoughts that remain circling.

She finds herself walking into an old diner, never before seeing a burger place so abandoned. Madison wasn't planning on going home tonight, she was in no mood to be anywhere near her Mam, not after hearing she was unwanted. How could she go back, when the words Cheryl had voiced so confidently cut her fragile heart.

Seat Your Self.

Was the sign she was greeted with. She frowns, rolling her eyes. She's never been in such a janky looking place.

She shrugs, taking a seat at the counter area, instantly paid attention to.

"Hello, Miss." The waitress smiles at her, "What can I get for you?"

"Erm..." Madison clears her throat, "I've never really been here before—"

"How rude of me," The woman quickly scrambles out a menu and hands it over to the blushing teen. "Here you are," She smiles, "I'll tell you what. You'll definitely want to try our cheeseburgers – unless you want something different?"

Madison's eyes skim the menu quickly. "I'll take on one of them burgers and I'll also have a chocolate milkshake with strawberry sauce mixed into it."

'Well.. Never had a strawberry mixed chocolate shake before. It'll be up in a few darling."

Madison smiles, nodding politely. She wasn't very hungry, but she'd never discourage a meal. She watches the women and men busy themselves behind the counter, suddenly grateful for the life she has.

"Did you order me one?"

The teen flinches to the sound of Finlay's voice.

"Are you following me?" She hisses, gritting her teeth together.