|| Chapter 61 ||

-Author's POV-

Madison sighs happily, resting her head against the car window. She engrosses summer passing with speed, suddenly excited for autumn to settle through. Imagining the vibrant colors painting the streets in yellows and oranges, she's grown sick of greens splashed to the towering trees. 

"You alright back there?" Kimberley asks, keeping one hand firmly on the steering wheel, and stretching out the other in search for Madison's contact,

The teen ignores the gesture.

"M'fine," She groans. "I was fine two minutes ago too you know-"

"Well sorry for caring about your arse going numb." She retreats her hand back to the wheel.

Cheryl giggles at her wife's humor, turning around and meeting the sparkling green orbs.

"You comfy?" she asks, stroking Madison's exposed leg sticking out of the fuzzy blanket she's buried under.

"Argh." She sits up, "I'm fine. Look, if I'm uncomfortable I'd tell you-"

"Are you hungry?" Kimberley asks purposely.

"Mum," Madison huffs. "If I'm hungry or dying I'll be sure to let yous know. Now quit it." She falls back, grasping the pillow and readjusting herself.

"Well alright moody pants," The blonde sniggers. "Remember this was your idea-"

"Not saying I'm not excited-"

"You sure don't seem it," Cheryl turns back around. "Both of yous forced me into this little road trip - I hope yous know I'm not getting on any of those deathly rides!" She exclaims with determination.

X Factor had come to a finale, with Cheryl's girl falling into second place. It did make Madison a bit happy Ella didn't win it, she sure as hell didn't deserve the confetti and congratulations she'd thought. It was a crazy night filled with celebration back in the Tweedy-Walsh household, rejoicing Cheryl's permanent stay at home, ready to spend full time with family and friends.

So here they are, in route to the theme park Madison had requested to go to. It surprised her that Cheryl and Kimberley even agreed to this four-hour road trip leading to loud screams and bad food.

It showed just how far the women would go to see the smile plastered to her flawless face.

"Aw don't be such a sour puss-"

"I'm not!"

"You are." Kimberley and Madison laugh in unison.

"If youse are going to bully us from now, then I suggest you turn this car around and take us back home." She huffs, sulking into the leather seat.

"Nobody is bullying you baby," Kimberley grins, reaching across and taking her wife's hand into her own. "But.. You definitely will be getting on a few rides-"

"No I'm not." She speaks end of.

"If you say so." Kimberley sings, glancing back into the rearview mirror and catching her daughter's wide smile.

"What ride are we getting on first?" Madison sits up, clutching her blanket in excitement.

"Which ever one you like, but first we have to check into the hotel and do all the boring stuff." The teen nods to the blonde's words, biting her lower lip in hopes to contain the bubbling eagerness.

In a way, Madison knew the women were trying to keep her time occupied. It was a mechanism to detain her mind from wandering off to the dark hole she'd found herself in after Connor left without a single tear in his eyes.