|| Chapter 54 ||

-Author's POV-

Cheryl holds back her cries. She fights every sob begging to escape; her heart beats rapidly, each beat thumps with fear of the unknown.

Henry drives her home that late afternoon, as promised to be home within four hours. With Madison permanently in her mind, she never loses sight of her promise to her daughter. It was a day bursting with questions, cameras, and hurtful words.

All Cheryl wanted to do was get home as soon as. She wanted to be in the bubble the Tweedy-Walsh family created, the bubble that would forever be her safe haven.

"We're here Miss." Henry speaks through the partition. The car door locks click, allowing her to climb out of the car, head up the grand stairs and straight into the home with need.

She's met with loud laughs and screeches coming from the front room.

This brings a smile to her face.

Her heels clink against the marbled flooring, she walks into the large space finding Kimberley tickling their teenage daughter.

"GET OFF!" Madison screams, "S-Stop!!" The teen howls out with tears in her eyes.

"Say you're sorry you sh*t bag!" Kimberley cackles, her fingers still working away at the sensitive tummy.

Madison screams, her eyes suddenly meet a smiling Cheryl.

"Cheryl!" She shouts for help, "C-Cheryl!!" she screams once more, resulting to Kimberley's hands to stop their tickling.

Madison breathes a sigh of relief.

"Get off!" She shoves a giggling Kimberley away.

They both straighten up in unison.

"Hi." Cheryl gives her best smile; it doesn't go unnoticed by the two.

"You okay?" Kimberley frowns, she stands to her feet and walks over to the exhausted Geordie.

"I'm fine." She laughs lightly, her smile soon turns into a shocked expression as Kimberley stands in front of her.

"What the hell did youse do!?" The brown eyes bolt out in shock. "I leave the two of you for four hours and come back and find me wife's hairs gone pink!" She screeches.

"You don't like it?" Kimberley asks, her fingers run through the pink locks in nervousness.

Cheryl sighs.

"You look beautiful baby.. But I mean.. Pink?"

"I think she looks pretty fcuking cool-"

"And let me guess cheeky, this was your idea?" Cheryl questions, her arms fold and foot taps in question.

"Well.. It was sort of.. Like.. We were getting sweeties-"

"Is that what you've had all day?" Cheryl notices the wrappers thrown carelessly on the coffee table, drinks, crisp bags, and unopened sweeties sprawled out messily.

"Why is this room a mess?!" She sighs; the aggravation of her earlier problems is now being taken out on her girls. "It's called a bloody rubbish bin!" She snaps; cleaning up the mess she came home to.

"Kimberley you're meant to be an adult," She continues her rambling, "I'm always coming home to some sort of sh*t like this, always us needing to clean after you!" Her actions surprise Madison.

The teen can't help but look at the blue-greyed beauty in question.

'What the fcuk is going on?' She mouths to Kimberley.