||Chapter 14||

A/N: I love you all for your constant love and appreciation for my work. I enjoy this because of you all.

Love always,

ArtistWriter xx

---
-Author's POV-

Madison made her way back home the previous night. She let a few tears slip, but her built up walls wouldn't allow her to release anymore. Night had casted its way into the lavish bedroom, her eyes fixated the entire time to the skylight windows. The moon beamed down on her, it held her captive the entire time. Sunlight soon replaced the moonlight, warming her back to life.

Her Mum's text still imprinted into her vision.

'We're sorry sweetheart, we promise to plan something together soon x'

She wakes up laughing to herself; a laugh filled with hurt and empty promises. Promise. She scuffs herself.

The bedroom door creaks open, alerting her out of the deep thoughts that consumed her world.

"Madison?" Clara walks in, frowning with a pout. "I'm sorry" She apologizes and slowly approaches the half asleep teen.

"What for?" Madison croaks and sits up, she sighs resting her back against the cushioned headboard.

"Your dad and I really wanted to have a nice afternoon together-"

"Mum it's fine," She laughs lighty, "Yous are busy, I didn't think you'd even have time yesterday anyways." She again masks her sadness with a light laugh.

"You're so mature," Clara gives her daughters hand a squeeze. "I'm so glad you understand." They share a smile.

"Who wouldn't understand?" Madison shrugs "That's why I went for a walk, thought I'd waste time, but I ended up taking a taxi-"

"Jeffry didn't drop you off?" Clara cuts her off, firmness in her tone.

"No, I thought it would be nice-"

"Madison Harris, you know well enough not to take those filthy lifts anywhere! You don't know how many people get into those cars on a daily basis-"

"Mum," The teen groans "It already happened, I'm perfectly fine-"

"I don't want you riding in those cars ever again," The mother speaks sternly, "Do you understand?" Madison nods.

"People who live on the streets ride those cars," She reminds her "A girl should never get into those cars, an elegant girl rides in luxury cars." Again, Madison nods to her Mum's words.

"Sorry" She apologizes.

"It's alright," Clara breathes "I just don't want you catching anything" The older woman explains.

"I understand," Madison gives her a reassuring smile, "What time did you's come home by the way?" She asks curiously.

"Don't even ask, the meetings went over hours again." The mother tuts and stands to her feet.

"What time though?" The teen needed to know. She needed to know exactly how long she would have waited for them, because although she'd came home late last night, she waited and waited for them, but they never came.

"Quarter to twelve-"

"Wow," Madison's eyes grow. "We went in the morning-"

"That's work sweetheart, there's never enough time in the day" The Mum chuckles. "Tell you what though."

"Hmm?" Madison smiles.

"We have some time this morning, we'll be dropping you off at the contestants house-"